Mura repubblicane - Porta Romana
The walls were built in around the mid-1st century BC and surrounded the town on three sides (enclosing an area of ca. 69 hectares), whilst to the north the city also developed on the other side of the river. There were three gates, flanked by square towers. The entrance to the city from the Via Ostiensis was through the gate so-called Porta Romana, consisting of two rooms that were originally at a much lower level than today.
The gate was built of tufa blocks covered by a marble decoration that still survives in part. On either side of the gate, on the front of the attic, was an identical inscription commemorating the construction of the walls, flanked by statues of Minerva-winged Victory; one original statue survives and is in the Museo Ostiense whilst a copy can be seen in the adjacent square.
- The area serving the river and the warehouse district
- Mura repubblicane - Porta Romana
- Magazzini repubblicani e Caseggiato del Cane Monnus
- Terme dei Cisiarii
- Cippi di Caninio
- Terme delle Province
- Caserma dei Vigili
- Terme di Nettuno
- Terme di Nettuno. I mosaici
- Insula del Soffitto Dipinto
- Horrea di Ortensio e Horrea dell'Artemide
- Fontana di Via della Fontana